UPDATED Corona Virus COVID-19 Preventative Measures
April 6, 2020
Employees and customers are a primary concern for Gardewine. For that reason, we have revised our prevention strategy to allow us to continue to be a service provider through this Global Virus Crisis.
Gardewine has rolled out the following:
- An Education Program on COVID-19
- An Education Program on Hand Hygiene and Cough Etiquette
- An Assessment of Risk and Self-Quarantine process
- A Pro-Active Sanitation Plan
- Effective March 30: A Revised Visitor Survey asking 4 key questions:
HAVE YOU OR ANY OF YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER(S)/HOUSEHOLD MEMBER(S):
- Travelled outside Canada or within Canada between provinces in the past 14 days;
- Had close contact with anyone who has travelled outside Canada or within Canada between provinces in the past 14 days, OR
- Had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19; OR
- Had laboratory exposure to biological material (e.g. primary clinical specimens, virus culture isolates) known to contain COVID-19 virus.
Should a visitor to our property answer any of these questions positive, they will not be granted access.
- Effective March 27: Notice to Partner Carriers and their drivers on requirements when arriving at one of our locations to drop off or pick up a trailer for freight
- Effective March 23: A updated Delivery Receipt Policy – Customer Signature, where drivers will no longer be requesting signature
We are making every effort to keep our employees and our customers safe. We ask in turn that when we come to do a delivery or pick-up at your place of business or residence that the risk to our employees is minimal.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
President and COO