Professional Areas: Fleet Maintenance
Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking a Trailer Mechanic to join our team in Winnipeg Terminal.
Reporting to the Trailer/Tractor Maintenance Foreman, this position is responsible for all types of routine maintenance on our Trailer fleet. Some repairs of other equipment may be required. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and servicing
- Complete electrical, interior, air brake system, tire, body repairs and welding as required
- Assist in other types of repairs or general maintenance
- Facilitate safety inspections
- Repair/replace equipment when appropriate
- Assess equipment to see if they require to be sent out for repair
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Coordinate with other maintenance staff and the terminal to determine priorities for equipment repair
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work practices, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned and required
Minimum of two years’ experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven Maintenance Department. Knowledge and experience in preventative maintenance including electrical, interior, air brake systems, tire, welding and body maintenance. Government Inspection Certification preferred. Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Proven demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision all the while being a team player. A basic set of hand tools is required.
Physical demands of Trailer Mechanic position are above average. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, bend and twist consistently, and stand all day. Required to climb in and out of tractor/trailer. Need to have a good sense of balance with hand and foot coordination with ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights. Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season. Must be able to operate power equipment. Personal protective equipment must be worn.
Benefits & Perks
- Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.