Location: MB – Winnipeg
Professional Areas: Fleet Maintenance
Gardewine is a large transportation, warehousing, and Logistics Company with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first.
Reporting to the Trailer Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for truck and trailer cleaning in our yard and at our Winnipeg Equipment Maintenance Shop. Wash Bay Attendants are to ensure we consistently turn out clean equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete visual inspections of the condition of each truck and trailer prior to cleaning
- Wash Gardewine trucks and trailers (inside and outside)
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Coordinate with other maintenance staff to determine priorities for washing equipment
- Maintain an organized and clean work area in the yard, mobile wash unit and in the wash bay
- Perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work practices, policies, and procedures
- Participates in team tasks
- Other duties as assigned and required
Ideally you have a High School diploma with minimum of two years’ experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven Maintenance Department. Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Proven demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision all the while being a team player. Must have a valid class 5 license and the have the ability to safely operate/drive a mobile truck and trailer unit in our yard.
Physical demands of Wash Bay Attendant position are above average. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs from shoulders to floor, bend and twist consistently, and stand all day. Need to have a good sense of balance with hand and foot coordination with ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights. Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season. Must be able to operate various equipment such as a pressure washer and drive a mobile wash unit. Personal protective equipment must be worn.