Department: Winnipeg Moving & Storage
Location: MB – Winnipeg – Moving
Professional Areas: Moving & Storage
Winnipeg Moving & Storage, a business unit of Gardewine, is a moving and storage carrier based out of Manitoba and North Western Ontario, moving families from coast-to-coast and internationally.
The Driver is responsible for delivering loading and unloading for household goods, office furniture by providing friendly and helpful service to customers. The Driver will lead the moving crew and ensure all paperwork is accounted for and received.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive and friendly customer service to all customers
- Demonstrates respect and ensure others do as well when on customers property or office space
- Communicates consistently with dispatch keeping them abreast of activities
- Safely operate truck point to point
- Perform routine checks of truck(post & pre-trip)
- Complete all necessary shipping documents, bills of landing, inventories, and government paperwork, collect COD payments (cash, cheques or phone credit card)
- Load/unload households, tag and list, pad and protect furniture in a timely manner
- Work in a safe manner, comply and follow all policies, practices and procedures
- Perform other duties as required to support of goals and objectives
Ideally you have Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Manitoba Class 5 license and in good standing. Prior household moving experience loading and unloading of Household/office furniture and specialty freight. Prior experience supervising teams would be beneficial. Comfort level driving in the evening/night, during inclement weather and in residential neighborhoods.
Physically you need to be able and move boxes, and office equipment as required. Bend, lift, turn, and carry.
We offer a work environment focused on continuous improvement supported by autonomy and empowerment with a competitive base salary; extended health benefits; life and disability insurance; retirement packages (Matched pension, RSP Options, Stock Options); and profit sharing program.
Criminal Record and background check will be completed.