Gardewine recently acquired Harris Transport into their group of companies. A large open flat deck transportation company which provides transload, warehousing, logistics and transportation services to customers across Canada and has a strong history that dates back over 30 years servicing a diversified customer. We are currently seeking Heavy Duty Trailer / Tractor Mechanic to join our team in our Harris Winnipeg Terminal.
WHAT YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and servicing
- Complete electrical, interior, air brake system, tire, body repairs and welding as required
- Facilitate safety inspections
- Repair/replace equipment when appropriate
- Assess equipment to see if they require to be sent out for repair
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Coordinate with other maintenance staff and the terminal to determine priorities for equipment repair
WHAT YOU NEED
- Red Seal or an apprentice at any level or willing to enroll in apprenticeship program
- High school diploma with minimum of 2 years’ working experience
- Basic set of hand tools required
- Organizational, Interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, to work independently and within team
- A wide array of knowledge and experience with tools
- Familiar with the latest vehicle diagnostic equipment
- Experience in preventative maintenance including electrical, interior, air brake, tire, and body maintenance
WHAT WE OFFER
COMPETITIVE OR HIGHER WAGE RATES THAN AVERAGE FLEET COMPANIES!
- Job Stability
- Extended health care for you and your family
- Educational support
- Cost of living increase
- Profit sharing program
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement packages (Matched pension, RRSP, Stock Option)
FLEXIBLE SHIFT INCLUDING WORK/LIFE BALANCE AVAILABLE.
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.