Location: ON – Toronto
Job Type: Full-Time
Professional Areas: Fleet Maintenance
Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking a Maintenance Coordinator to join our team at our Toronto Terminal.
The Maintenance Coordinator completes a series of day-to-day administrative and clerical duties for the Mississauga maintenance department. Principle task includes the coordinating the repair and maintenance of the Gardewine Fleet. Other duties includes acquisition and organization of parts/supplies, data entry, correlating and filing of equipment safety documents, and dealing with all types of telephone and other inquiries. This position involves communicating and working with suppliers, terminals, the Mississauga dock, customers and shop staff to ensure all repairs (internal and contract) are scheduled in an efficient manner.
- Enter and retrieve maintenance and equipment data into/from the computer
- Update and administer the preventative maintenance software program warranty module (TMT)
- Keeps up-to-date and participates with scheduling work derived from manufacturer’s recalls and bulletins
- Performs other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions
- Filing of all types of maintenance and equipment related documents
- Follows through on computerized maintenance work orders
- Match purchase orders with maintenance and purchasing work orders
- Answer telephones and deal with direct or indirect inquiries
- Assist with maintenance of service records
- Participate in the Gardewine emergency roadside assistance program
- Participates in all Safety initiatives
- Works towards departmental goals by assisting in other related tasks as required
Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of transportation equipment maintenance administrative procedures
- Knowledge of specialty equipment, such as 5 Ton Trucks, power jacks, and forklifts would be considered an asset
- Able to manage multiple tasks and work in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build beneficial and lasting relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Personal protective equipment must be worn
Benefits & Perks:
- Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.