Job Title: Long Distance Driver Company – Allied Van Lines Network
Reports to: Long Distance Operations Manager
A long-distance driver is responsible for the loading, transporting and unloading of household goods through Canadian locations by providing friendly and helpful service to customers. Drivers are generally responsible for arranging labour to assist with the loading and unloading, padding of furniture, use of proper household protection, and claim prevention. Drivers must also complete all necessary paperwork as required for this position. This includes driver logs, bills of lading and inventory summaries, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-operate with all customers to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Communicate consistently with central dispatch keeping them update on all activities.
- Safely operate truck and trailer across the service network.
- Perform routine (pre and post) checks of all truck and trailers
- Complete all necessary shipping documents, bills of lading, driver logs, inventory summaries, etc.
- Manage and mitigate risk of claims.
- Coordination of qualified labour to assist with loading and unloading.
- Abide by government policy when providing transportation of government orders.
- Support all health & safety initiatives for the safety of all drivers, customers and other terminal employees. Drivers are also required to follow all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to perform the physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Class 1/AZ Driver’s License with air brake endorsement in good standing. Experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities. Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision. Ideally 3 year’s minimum of household experience in the moving industry. Must be comfortable driving at night and in all regions of Canada.
Drivers must be physically fit to handle household goods. Typically up to 200 LBS using dollies, straps, etc. Drivers must also have experience using moving equipment such as (dollies, straps, etc.) Long periods of sitting is also required while driving on the highway as the position drives long distances (3000+miles) to perform loads and unloads.
- Competitive compensation package
- Steady, year round work
- Extended Health Care Benefits
- Profit Sharing
- Annual Cost of Living Increases
Join the Winnipeg Moving & Storage Team!
1-204-925-6683 or Jamie 1-204-925-4012