Location: ON – Thunder Bay – Moving
Job Type: Full Time
Professional Areas: Drivers
Traditional Moving and Storage – ( Thunder Bay )
The Driver is responsible for delivering loading and unloading for household goods, office furniture by providing friendly and helpful service to customers. The Driver will lead the moving crew and ensure all paperwork is accounted for and received.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive and friendly customer service to all customers.
- Demonstrates respect and ensure others do as well when on customer’s property or office space.
- Communicates consistently with dispatch keeping them abreast of activities.
- Safely operate truck point to point.
- Perform routine checks of truck. ( pre – trip & post – trip)
- Complete all necessary shipping documents, bills of landing, inventories, and government paperwork, collect COD payments (cash, cheques or phone credit card)
- Load/unload households, tag and list, pad and protect furniture in a timely manner.
- Work in a safe manner and comply with all Traditional Moving and storage safe work policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required to support of goals and objectives.
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Ontario Class G license and in good standing. Prior household moving experience loading and unloading of Household/office furniture and specialty freight. Prior experience supervising teams would be beneficial. Comfort level driving in the evening/night, during inclement weather and in residential neighborhoods.
Physically you need to be able to drive the truck safely, and move boxes, furniture and office equipment as required. Bend, lift, turn, and carry.
The rate for this position is $21.40/hr to $23.54/hr.
Join the Traditional Moving and Storage Team!
1-800-282-8000 or Traditional Moving and Storage 1-807-623-3535