Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking an Account Manager to join our team in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
The Gardewine Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with existing and potential accounts and organizations. Explores, solicits, and fosters partnerships with existing and potential businesses that promote growth and diversity in our service offerings, which in turn improves profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to acquire and grow organization accounts
- Develop strong relations within accounts
- Develop and implement business plan to stimulate revenue from existing and new business
- Follow-up and maintain accounts by conducting visits, routine phone calls and supplemental calls on current business activity
- Solicit business from various sources
- Ensure rate agreements and rate increases are current
- Prepare rate requests, bring to proposal stage and follow-up in a timely manner
- Conduct customer after sales service calls and development calls with existing customers
- Assist with providing rate quotes to customers
- Ability to be productive and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Sustains and provides regular communication with operations team
- Participates in sales and management meetings
- Report on sales activities and account variances
- Identifies opportunities, threats and risks to the business
- Collaborate with Director of Sales to establish achievable, productive goals and clarify workload priorities
- Communicate customer needs and requests with operations and administration and follow-up with the resolution
- Participates in safety initiatives
- Other operational duties as assigned in support or the departmental goals and objectives
Three to five years’ experience in distribution, logistics or transportation at a supervisory or CSR level preferred. Strong leadership and management skills to solve problems timely and effectively while maintaining customer relationships. Intuitive sales skills to manage the daily operations while at the same time anticipate future opportunities or challenges. Excellent time management skills to work independently, while managing multiple tasks in a fast pace environment. Experience using all Microsoft office programs, customer relationship management programs, or other logistics software programs is necessary. Post-Secondary education preferred.
- Regular use of computer and phone in a sedentary position.
- Will be required to travel (approximately 1 week per month)
- Will be required have valid license and own vehicle to make customer service calls.
Benefits & Perks
- Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.