Professional Areas: Drivers
Job Type: Owner Operator
Linehaul Owner Operator – ( Thunder Bay )
Gardewine is a large transportation, warehousing, and logistic company with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first.
A Linehaul Driver is responsible for delivering freight to various terminal locations by providing friendly and helpful service to customers. Drivers are generally responsible for trailer pick up and drop offs but may be required to handle freight at customers’ locations. Completes all paperwork as required for this position. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooperate with all customers to maintain a high level of customer service
- Communicates consistently with dispatch keeping them abreast of activities
- Safely operate truck and trailer point to point
- Perform routine checks of all trailers
- Complete all necessary shipping documents to ensure proper freight handling
- Ability to Open/Close trailer doors, hook/unhook trailers (cranking dollies), climb in and out of tractor, load and unload freight and drive
- Supports all Safety & Health initiatives for the safety of all drivers, customers and other terminal employees by following all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Class 1/AZ Driver’s License with air brake endorsement in good standing. Experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities. Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision. Must be comfortable driving at night and in inclement weather.
Drivers must be physically fit to handle freight by lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, twisting, turning and use of freight handling equipment and cranking trailer dollies. Long periods of sitting required while driving, climbing into truck cab or trailer few times per shift.
Benefits & Perks
Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.
Join the Gardewine Team!