Professional Areas: Administration and Support Services
Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking a Part-time Office Clerk to join our team at our Swan River Terminal.
Reporting to the Terminal manager, this position will coordinate and complete all types of general office and administrative duties, including work in the billing department. You will be responsible for caring out all types of day-to-day customer service activities by ensuring timely resolution and communication with customers (internal and external) regarding a variety of customer service issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive, friendly, and helpful customer service to all customers and clients
- Complete accurate and timely billing of shipping documents
- Complete general office duties such as filing, reception, tracing, and customer service
- Provide superior customer service for customers regarding accounts
- Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate person
- Provide tracing and P.O.D. information to customers (external and internal)
- Enter information about completed deliveries into computer system
- Scan documents to be saved in the imaging system
- Assist with freight claims administration, and create bill of ladings
- Quotations of freight rates to customers
- Generate and produce reports pertaining to on-time performance for key customers
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
Post-Secondary graduates would be considered an asset. Strong organizational skills with good time management skills. Outstanding telephone and customer service skills with working knowledge and experience with customer data software systems is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel and Word. Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Previous transportation or logistics experience is considered an asset.
Some of the physical demands may include, but not be limited to: prolonged sitting and using a computer and telephone for entire shift, etc.
Benefits and Perks
- Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Profit Share Program
THIS IS A MONDAY TO FRIDAY POSITION, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM SHIFT.
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.
Join the Gardewine Team!
1-800-282-8000 or Swan River Terminal 1-204-7345012