Professional Areas: Fleet Maintenance
Gardewine is a transportation company with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Specifically in North Western Ontario we have grown considerably by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated employees; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking Heavy Duty Trailer/Tractor Mechanics to join our team in our Sudbury Terminal.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, this position is responsible for all types of routine maintenance on our Tractor fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and servicing
- Complete electrical, interior, air brake system, tire, body repairs and welding as required
- Facilitate safety inspections
- Repair/replace equipment when appropriate
- Assess equipment to see if they require to be sent out for repair
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Coordinate with other maintenance staff and the terminal to determine priorities for equipment repair
- Red Seal or an apprentice at any level or willing to enroll in apprenticeship program
- High school diploma with a minimum of 2 years working experience
- Basic set of hand tools required
- Organizational, Interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, to work independently and within team
- A wide array of knowledge and experience with tools
- Familiar with the latest vehicle diagnostic equipment
- Experience in preventative maintenance including electrical, interior, air brake, tire, and body maintenance
Benefits & Perks
- Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.