Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking a Dispatcher to join our team in our Sudbury Terminal.
The Dispatcher is responsible for administering excellent customer service in a professional manner to drivers and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides friendly, positive and helpful service to all clients, customers and drivers
- Receive incoming calls from customers
- Plan, direct and redirect drivers as needed when breakdown or other issues arise
- Enter shipment information into the computer system accurately and efficiently
- Efficiently dispatch equipment
- Verify that all P&D calls are completed
- Communicate through email, phone and text with drivers
- Liaise with other Gardewine divisions and rural terminals with relevant information
- Prepare and file dispatch reports
- Participate in health and safety initiatives
- Track and report customer inquiries as required
- Assist in other areas within the department in the achievement of goals and objectives
Ideally you have Must have one to two years related experience. Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced computerized office environment. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to work within a team and provide professional customer service. Knowledge of freight handling processes with the city. Good problem solving skills. Proficiency with Microsoft office programs and email, with some experience using logistics software.
Benefits & Perks
- Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
THIS IS A MONDAY TO FRIDAY DAYS POSITION.
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.