Location: MB – Neepawa
Professional Areas: Administration & Support Services
Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking an Office Clerk to join our team.
Reporting to the Terminal manager, this position will coordinate and complete all types of general office and administrative duties, including and predominantly billing. Additionally, you will be responsible for caring out all types of day-to-day customer service activities by ensuring timely resolution and communication with customers (internal and external) regarding a variety of customer service issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive, friendly and timely customer service for current and new customers
- Complete accurate and timely shipping documents (Bill of ladings) for dispatch and drivers
- Conducts general office duties such as filing, reception, tracing, and customer service
- Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate person and follow up as necessary
- Provide tracing and P.O.D. information to customers (external and internal)
- Enter information about completed deliveries into computer system
- Scan documents to be saved in the imaging system
- Assist with freight claim administration
- Quotations of freight rates to customers
- Generate and produce reports pertaining to on-time performance for key customers
- Gather and compile payroll information as requested
- Other duties as assigned and required that assist with terminal operations
- Perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
Ideally you have strong organizational skills with good time management skills to work independently to accomplish tasks in a timely manner without direct supervision. Outstanding telephone and customer service skills with working knowledge and experience with customer data software systems is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel and Word. Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to the changing demands within the terminal. Previous transportation or logistics experience is considered, as well as secondary education.
We offer a work environment focused on continuous improvement supported by autonomy and empowerment with a competitive base salary; extended health benefits; life and disability insurance; retirement packages (Matched pension, RSP Options, Stock Options); and profit sharing program.