Department: Moving & Storage
Location: MB – Brandon – Moving
Job Type: Part Time
Professional Areas: Moving & Storage
Brandon Moving & Storage, a business unit of Gardewine, is a moving and storage carrier based out of Manitoba and North Western Ontario, moving families from coast-to-coast and internationally.
The Moving Helper is responsible for loading and unloading household goods such as boxes and furniture and office furniture by providing friendly and helpful service to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive and friendly customer service to all customers
- Demonstrates respect and ensure others do as well when on customers property or office space
- Participates in packing of household items
- Complies with all policies, procedures that include government rules and regulations when packing, loading and unloading
- Communicates consistently with driver keeping them abreast of activities
- Load/unload households, tag, and list, pad and protect furniture in a timely manner
- Work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work policies, practices and procedures
- Perform other duties as required to support of goals and objectives
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Prior experience loading and unloading of Household/office furniture and specialty freight. Proven history of working in collaborative teams.
Physically you need to be able to move boxes, furniture and office equipment as required. Bend, lift, turn, carry, twist, and go up and down stairs carrying weight.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
Criminal Record and background check will be completed. This is a part-time position with full-time availability.
Pay Scale is $16.35-$19.26 per hour.
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.