Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking a Dockworker to join our team at our Brandon Terminal.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for completing all types of dock work warehouse work at the Winnipeg terminal. Responsibilities include loading and unloading of trailers and paperwork associated with the freight.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Count and inspect freight for damages, shortages, or overages
- Strip trailers and place freight in correct area of warehouse
- Complete freight handling and loading activities
- Handle shipments accordingly to standards to minimize claims
- Maximize delivery efficiencies and load factors by optimizing time and load handling
- Monitor and complete bills of lading and other shipping documents
- Keep an organized and clean dock area
- Operate equipment in accordance to operational procedures
- Practice and promote a safe work environment by following all safety procedures
- Disposes garbage in appropriate areas to avoid hazards and clean dock
- Other duties as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the dock
- Use equipment (forklift, Power Jack, etc.) in accordance to safety guidelines
High School diploma with minimum of two years’ experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven logistics environment, specifically with freight, shipping and receiving responsibilities. Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Proven demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision all the while being a team player. Must have experience working with freight moving equipment.
Physical demands of Dock position are above average. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs from shoulders to floor, bend and twist consistently, standing and walking all day. Need to have a good sense of balance with hand and foot coordination with ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights. Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season. Must be able to operate small equipment such as power jack, fork lift and hand dolly equipment. Personal protective equipment must be worn.
Benefits & Perks
- Manitoba’s Largest Trucking Company
- 35 Terminals across North America
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health benefits
- Company Matched Pension Plan
- Profit Share Program
THIS IS AN NIGHTS POSITION.
At Gardewine, we are committed to continually improving our approach to building a diverse, inclusive, and value driven workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experiences do not align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply regardless. You could just be the right candidate for this role or others! Gardewine is an equal opportunity employer and recognized as a Top Fleet Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected further in the process will be contacted. To view other Gardewine opportunities currently available, please visit our website at www.gardewine.com.