Updated – Delivery Receipt Policy – Customer Signature and Home Delivery/Pickup
April 1, 2020
In keeping with our preventative strategy around the current health events, effective Monday, March 23, 2020, our companies (Gardewine, Courtesy Freight Systems, Winnipeg Moving & Storage, Brandon Moving & Storage, and Traditional Moving & Storage) will no longer be requesting signatures from customers on any delivery documents. Drivers will do the following:
- Ask for the receiver’s name and add it to the proper field on the delivery screen of the handheld, or paper document.
- When prompted for the signature the driver will print the receiver’s first name followed by the number 19.
- This will satisfy the delivery requirement and the conditions outlined on the bill of lading.
- All home deliveries and pickups by Gardewine and Courtesy Freight Systems will be at the front step/entrance only**. Drivers will not come inside the residence.
- With the exception of “no signature required” shipments, before any delivery or pickup takes place, a Gardewine or Courtesy Freight representative will contact the customer to obtain answers to several questions,
- Once confirmed, the driver will make the delivery or pickup,
- Any required signature will follow the steps outlined above.
**The exception will be Baxter deliveries where the current delivery process remains in place.
Be assured that we value our business relationships and will strive to make these transactions as seamless as possible.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
President and COO